Posted in Gold Coast Wedding Venues @ Jul 11th 2015 3:01pm - By Coolibah Downs Private Estate
Flower girls, bridesmaids, pageboys and ring bearers are crucial in making your wedding day a true family affair…nothing can be sweeter than seeing all the little munchkins dressed up to help cement your relationship in front of your family and friends.
Creating adorable photos and wearing pretty outfits, we have top tips for brides and grooms with children in their wedding party.
- Let them rehearse walking down the aisle and ensure they know where to sit
- Make sure they use the toilet before the ceremony, especially if they are very young!
- Keep them fed throughout and make sure that they get ‘child-friendly’ food!
- Ensure they sit with their parents at the ceremony
- Add some simple garden games during the drinks reception (this is also fun for the adults!)
- Colouring books and pencils as favours will be a simple way to keep them entertained at dinner. The book can ask them to draw pictures of the cake, the bride and groom, the dress, the car, etc. (pencils are also cleaner than pens!
But most importantly, they are a big part to your wedding as well as your life and so you should make them feel special, whether that is by letting them help to choose their outfits or spending time with them on the day. You could even get them a small gift to take home with them after the wedding.